Monday, July 5, 2010

Don't Give Up!

I'm still here. I'm sure you might think I've fallen off the face of the earth, but I'm back and doing well.
About a 1 1/2 weeks ago we said farewell to my wonderful husband. He is now in Djibouti, Africa for six months. He's active duty Air Force, and will be deployed until December or January. So I'll be a single mom for a while. But I've got a lot of help. Before he left, my husband and I drove all the way out to Pennsylvania from Montana. My parents have been so much help to me so far, and I'm incredibly grateful.

I was hoping I could keep up with this blog and had great plans, but so far I haven't been doing so great. But, cards on the table, this is MY blog, and I make no promises. I will keep trying, and I've been doing a lot of beading and fun stuff. If I can get myself to just type it in, I post some more.

So, if you actually still read my blog, I've got something for you. These earrings. I love these cute, yet elegant dangles. These are beaded beads. I figured out the pattern myself. It's quite simple but it took me a while. But the real unique part about these earrings: they are completely handmade by me. That's right. I made the earwires too. The earwires are made of fine silver wire (.999). I fired them with my torch and balled up the ends, wrapped them around a pencil (although I wish I had a tool for it), turned up the ends, and rounded the ends of the wire so they aren't pokey. These are for sale for $15.

3 comments:

  1. glad you are ok! so are you in york now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BA-for some reason, your comment isn't showing up on here. At least it isn't on my screen. But my email let me know you commented. And yes I am in fact in York.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i still can't get over the fact that you MADE those... i'm seriously stupid when it comes to jewelry... I'll have to custom order something.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails