Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Look what I've been up to!

I've been getting me hands dirty...literally, learning how to do metal stamping. And I'm having a blast. I've been practicing on copper, because Sterling Silver is MUY EXPENSIVO! But I did make one disk out of the nice stuff and it turned out pretty well. copper heart jewelry, heart pendant On this first one, the O is a little crooked.

I really wanted to put this cute little quote on one, so it's a good thing I practiced with copper first. You see, i accidentally put the L too low, so I decided to just do that sort of thing with the rest of it. Maybe you like it, and some people really do like it that way (a very non-chalant kind of thing), but I'm really into straight lines. I hardly ever make "informal" beaded jewelry as it's called in the jewelry world.

Well, practice makes perfect. This is fun!

1 comment:

  1. So I think you should do a class and teach us all how to do this! I love these!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails